Humor Top Blogs
Blog Directory - Blogged
Whats Up With That? at Blogged
Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory

Monday, March 31, 2008

RAT ARTIST DIES – THE WORLD WILL NEVER BE THE SAME.

I don’t know what I’m going to do. Tony Blair the rat has died. No, not that Tony Blair, though that may be what is considered a valid opinion of him in some political circles. This Tony Blair is a rat, a real rat. And he’s considered an artist! This rat has been quite a sensation in Britain where some of his artwork has been selling upwards to 1000 British pounds. That’ll buy a lot of cedar chips for a rat. Apparently the rat chews on things and the owner, Helena Seget, sells them as art. What made her think that crap chewed up by a rat is art is beyond me. “Oh, that looks interesting. Think I’ll just pop down to the gallery and see what I can pick up for this piece of chewed paper.” Chewed Avocado is considered one of his greatest pieces. You realize if we found this anywhere but an art gallery we’d be calling the health department. “Let’s put it right next to the Monet’s honey.” What do you say when friends come over. “Hey Fred, there’s a half eaten avocado lying here. I’ll throw it away.” “No, that’s art.” “No, you left a chewed avocado out. I’ll pitch it.” “No don’t I paid 2000 dollars for that at an art gallery.” “I’ve got a half eaten apple core I’ll sell you for 20 bucks.” Apparently this rat’s fame has spread. The fact that he rates an obituary is amazing in itself. Even more so is the fact that the Discovery channel had just shot a documentary on Tony the Rat. It must have been a slow ratings month. “I have this great idea for a show, a British rat that’s an artist.” “Brilliant, brilliant.” “He chews up garbage and they sell it.” “Brilliant, brilliant.” When Tony died he was working on an unfinished project, a sponge, which Helena says she will finish off and sell post mortem. It was probably chewing on the sponge that killed him. Oh, to die for your art. I suspect now that the rat is dead, this one could go for millions, the last unfinished work of Tony the rat.

To read the article about this go here: http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article.html?in_article_id=130000&in_page_id=2

No comments: